20 Celtic Cello Duets presents 20 Airs that all have stories to tell – stories of love, separation, nature and the cycle of life. It features much-loved favourites including The Lark in the Clear Air ~ She Moved Through the Fair ~ The Song of the Books ~ The Star of the County Down ~ The Parting Glass. Every cellist will love playing these beautiful tunes arranged in cello-friendly keys.
Guitar chords are provided as well as a second part, which can be played by the teacher or by another student. Following her highly successful online Celtic Cello courses, Clíodhna Ní Aodáin is delighted to present this collection in response to requests from cellists all over the world.
Also included: a BONUS download link to a recording by Clíodhna of each tune!
- Fáinne Geal an Lae – Daybreak
- She Moved Through the Fair
- Skye Boat Song
- Eibhlín A Rúin – Eileen My Love
- Down by the Salley Gardens
- Jimmy Mo Mhíle Stór – Jimmy My Darling
- The Star of the County Down
- Wild Mountain Thyme
- The Last Rose of Summer
- Éamonn an Chnoic – Edmund (Ned) of the hill
- Buachaill ón Éirne Mé – I’m A Boy from Lough Erne
- The Lark in the Clear Air
- Siúil A Rúin – Walk My Love
- Milking Croon
- Anach Cuain – Annaghdown
- Sídh Beag Sídh Mór – Little Fairy Mound Big Fairy Mound
- An Chúilfhoinn – The Fair-Haired One
- Amhrán na Leabhar – The Song of the Books
- The Parting Glass
Published by Terra Preta Music
Q - What level of difficulty are the pieces in the book? Are they suitable for someone in the middle grades?
A - Absolutely! The pieces are mostly in first position, with some 4th and a tiny bit of 2nd and 3rd.
Q - Can these tunes also be played solo or are they strictly for duet playing?
A - Yes! The tune is always in the first cello part to make this possible.
Q - Is there a recording of these tunes?
A – Yes! There is a BONUS audio download with each book.
Q – Are the duets only for cello?
A – All Bass Clef Lovers welcome! I have also included guitar chords so the tunes can be played with guitar, accordion, piano etc.